A. Purpose1. This Program is designed to provide a more in-depth knowledge of EANx, Oxygen, and of technical diving
2. Technical Instructors are charged with teaching divers to use custom blends of EANx for bottom mix, travel
mixes and decompression mixes.
3. Technical Instructors may teach Open Water Diver through Technical Diver.
B. Prerequisites1. Certification Requirements:
a. Must be qualified as an IANTD Advanced EANx Instructor in Active Teaching Status
b. Must be qualified as an IANTD Technical Diver or equivalent.
2. Age Requirements
a. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
3. Dive Experience:
a. Must have taught a minimum of eight (8) IANTD courses.
b. Must have a minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience.
c. Must provide proof of a minimum of 350 logged dives, of which at least 100 were deeper than 130 fsw (39
msw) and at least 40 dives breathing EANx or other mixtures and requiring decompression stops.
C. Program Content1. Program duration is a minimum of three (3) days provided the required teaching assist in Technical course has
already been completed.
2. The candidate must demonstrate good leadership potential during the IDP and give at least two (2) complete
lectures in the Program.
►► NOTE: Non Technical Supervisors must assist two (2) courses which one (1) is in conjunction with the
►► NOTE: Technical Supervisors must assist in one (1) course, which can be in conjunction with the IDP
D. Equipment Requirements1. IANTD Technical Diver Student Kit.
2. All Equipment Requirements listed in the IANTD Technical Diver Program, except double tanks are mandatory.
3. Must own or have unlimetd access to an Oxygen Analyzer.
E. Program Limits
1. Student and Instructor Trainer Ratio:
a. There may be no more than four (4) candidates per Instructor Trainer.
2. No dives may be conducted to depths greater than 170 fsw (51 msw).
3. Same as for the IANTD Technical Diver Program.
F. Qualification Renewal
1. Teach a minimum of three (3) IANTD Programs including one (1) IANTD Technical Diver Program annually in
Active Teaching Status.
2. Remain as an active IANTD member, pay annual Instructor renewal fees, publish a technical paper or assist in
an IANTD IDP.
3. Log at least 20 non-teaching Technical, Normoxic Trimix, Cave or Wreck dives using EANx or oxygen
4. Provide proof of insurance listing IANTD as an Additional Insured or financial responsibility for a minimum one
million U.S. dollars.
G. Water Skills Development1. Complete the Technical Instructor Physical Fitness Evaluation while using the equipment required for this level
2. Demonstrate proficiency teaching and demonstrating the skills and techniques required in Advanced EANx
Diver and Technical Diver Program.
3. Assist on all dives in the Technical Diver Program.
H. Physical Evaluation1. Complete the Technical Instructor Watermanship
Minimum certification requirements:
Satisfactorily complete the course written examination
Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution